Thursday, January 03, 2008

Iowa Caucus Night

I'm ready to predict who will be the next President of the United States. It will be Barack Obama. His speech was the best of all the speeches, the freshest, the most statesmanlike, and the one that most speaks for change.

The second best was Mike Huckabee's. I don't know if he will be the Republican candidate. Frankly I think it will be either him or John McCain. Guliani won't go the distance, I don't think. Romney is a fake pretty boy and won't fly.

Huckabee's a better speaker than McCain, but man the media don't like him (both FOX and MSNBC's commentators clearly don't take him seriously). Neither are attractive enough to capture America's superficial imagination. For Huckabee, the teeth just look too much like, well, exactly what you would expect a Huckabee to look like.

Hillary Clinton's speech was a disappointment. She just doesn't have the juice. Edwards went on and on. All right man, you were doing good for the first four minutes. I didn't hear Romney because he chose to go on at the same time as Huckabee.

From what I can tell, FOX chose to show him rather than Huckabee, even though he was the loser. HA! Good political move for Romney, since his people likely watch Fox.

I don't know if Obama has the wisdom to make the changes that I do believe America needs across the board--education, economy, foreign policy, energy, climate change. But I'm predicting tonight that he will not only be the Democratic candidate, but the next President.

1 comment:

Keith Drury said...

My early donations will pay off if your predictions are right...

I'd love to see a Huckabee-Obama race... but I'm not expecting it...

kd